Halloween 2008 has come and gone. All those hours of diligently working to get three costumes ready seem almost like wasted time. But, that night when I was kissing them goodnight, Cayden said to me, "Mom, I think we had the three best costumes out of everybody." It was all worth it. For those of you that can't tell, Cayden made a pretty good Luke Skywalker with his long shaggy hair. As for the twins, they are characters from a PBS cartoon called Super Why. Cutter is the main character, Super Why, and Cooper is another character, Princess Presto. It is a really cute and educational show and seemed more fitted to their age than Darth Vader, like Cutter originally wanted!
(The twins characters are the two on the far right in the picture below.)



First of all we stopped by the Neighbor's house before dropping Cayden off at a birthday party. Isn't their house just beautiful??
After we dropped off Cayden we went to the Venegoni's house and Scott got a tour and the kids got lots of candy. We were even able to score some sour Skittles that are pretty good.
We made a quick detour by Bush's Chicken for some sweet tea and chicken for the kids and then we headed out to Troy. Our first stop in Troy was the Matthew's where the kids got their baskets just about full- with the help of the Penlands in Houston. Figure that one out??????
Our next Troy stop was by the Kelley's. Ms. Donna is the twins teacher and I think Cutter loves her more than me! I also think Cooper has a secret crush on David! Cayden was so upset about missing the two Troy stops he asked me to please take his basket to the front door and get him some candy also. I did not but EVERYBODY made sure that he had a goody bag ready to go when we arrived.
Later that evening we caught up with the birthday party gang and hit a few more houses around our neighborhood just to say we did. I think the old fashioned traditional way of trick-or-treating is practically a think of the past. We were very pleased with our way of loading up the Suburban and hitting a few houses of church folks. (Speaking of the Suburban, we filled it up for under $60 yesterday- and it was EMPTY!)
(This picture should be at the beginning because this is how we started our day but it just seems like a great picture to end a Halloween post.)
(The twins characters are the two on the far right in the picture below.)
Cayden reminded me on Thursday night that we had not yet carved our pumpkin. I told him we would do it as soon as he got home from school. He drew the face on the pumpkin, I tried to cut my thumb off, and in the end we had a jack-o-lantern and roasted pumpkin seeds. Luckily our neighbor was here when I tried to amputate my thumb and she took over for a few minutes while I tried to stop the bleeding!
4 comments:
Great costumes! They look great.
What can I say, you all are the greatest. Erica, those were great costumes and you will never regret the time you spent sewing them. We love you all sooooooooooo much.
Love you, Larry and Marie
Welcome back to blog world! I've missed you! When you go sooo long without blogging, then the kids look toooo big! :(
Fantastic costumes!! Let me get this straight, full time working Mom AND you were able to sew three costumes. Wow, I have some catching up to do! :)
Post a Comment