Thursday, January 08, 2009

Tissers and Creatures

Cutter and Cayden got lots of Lego's for Christmas. Cutter and I were building a truck the other day and he kept asking me if it had "tissers." "Where are the 'tissers'?"
I finally cautiously asked, "What are tissers?"
Cutter answered, "You know, the things that go, "Tissssss, tisssss." (The air brakes!!!)

Last night at supper I asked the "Chick-a-flay" (Chick-fil-a) kids meal question on the bag. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Cayden answered, "A firefighter." (Probably because he wants to be like David Kelley.) Cooper said she wants to be a teacher. Scott asked the kids who they know that are teachers. Cayden began naming them, "Ms. Donna, Ms. Cindy, Mrs. Neighbors, Mrs. Phelps, Mrs. Pena. . . " Scott kept saying, "Who else?" He was trying to get him to make the connection that I am a teacher. Finally he gave him some hint and they said, "Mom is a teacher."
At that time Cooper said, "Mom's a teacher and Dad's a creature." We think she meant preacher but who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cooper is very smart. I think she knew Exactly what she was saying!