Sunday, December 09, 2007

High School Football, Crocs, and The Cross

Sound like one of Scott's three point sermons? Not hardly!! (He typically doesn't do "three point sermons" but I really haven't heard him preach since about March of 2005.)
Last night our family traveled to Corsicana to watch the Salado Eagles play in the State Semi-final football game against Tatum. Tatum is the defending AA State Champions so everyone knew it would be a tough game. It was truly one of the best football games that Scott and I have ever seen. Both teams played hard the whole night. I have known a lot of the Salado boys since they were in the 7th grade and they are a smart, athletic, and good bunch of guys. Unfortunately, they lost 41-31. With about 2 minutes left there was a series of penalties that put Tatum in position to score one last time so the score really doesn't reflect how tight the game actually was.

On the way home from the game we thought the kids would sleep. Cutter talked nonstop until just south of Waco. At one point we were listening to a Breakaway CD (which i highly recommend) and the song went like this:
"At the cross. I find peace at the cross. " etc...
Suddenly from the back seat Cutter says, "Hey mom, they talkin bout my Crocs."
So, there you have it- high school football, Crocs and The Cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the truth is revealed...Scott's catchy sermon titles are the work of Erica and the CJ's! :)

Heather