Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Houston Christmas

Scott took a Sunday off and we actually went out of town! We went to Houston to visit the Penlands. Each time we go the kids do their best to destroy their beautiful home and we do our best to keep them from it or at least hide the evidence.

This is our second year to visit during the Christmas season and the twins have become very fond of Barbara's snow village. Last year Cutter just blew all the snow away because Barbara told him it was hot (ask Barbara) but this year the little snow people went ice skating and hiking in the snow!

We also made a trip to the zoo. It was just like being in Abilene in the winter- cold and windy! All in all it was a really great day.


Most of all I was glad to see that living in Houston has not caused the Penlands to lose their sense of humor! (Maybe the traffic has made them go a little nutty but that's all!)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that James was surprised to see that he and Barbara now have yet another Santa. I know that you all had a great time. I am ready to see them myself. Love all you guys, Marie

Anonymous said...

Haven't they always been nutty?

Amy said...

i SO wish we could've been there to share the time with you also!!! looks like you had a BLAST! hope the twins broke everything so there's nothing left for hannah to break! ;) love you!

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the fact that they are NUTTY!!!! Another Santa! That makes 993, I think!!! Glad you had a great time and i am sure the Penland's did, too. We miss them, too! Hugs and Merry Christmas to all!!! Malissa