Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Scary Smart!

Tuesday the twins made little people out of a plastic spoon at Tues/Thurs school. Cutter sat on my lap after school and told me all about them. He told me how his was blue and Cooper's was pink. A little later Cooper got them out of the bag and was showing them to me. I acted very excited and proud of their blue boy and pink girl. She then told me that the blue one was hers and the pink one was Cutter's. I said, "It is not." She said with a mischievous grin, "Yes it is." This went on for a while until I decided to set the record straight.
Cooper has been intrigued with spelling her name from a very early age and she can now spell her name and both of her brother's names. Being the logical mom that I am I turned the pink spoon over and showed her where it said her name. I then asked her, "What does that spell?" Cooper answered, "C-O-O. . (brief pause during which I could see the wheels turning). .C-U-T-T-E-R." When she finished answering she had a very scary grin on her face that I suspect we will be seeing a lot of in the next 16+ years!

No comments: