Monday, April 20, 2009

Everybody Needs a Cutter

Driving down the highway the other day Cutter said he wanted to go swimming. I told him it was still too cold and that the water would be really cold. I then reminded him, "and you don't like cold water, Cutter." Cutter paused and then replied, "I like cold chocolate milk. . . and hot chocolate milk."
Cutter is happy with any activity that involves eating food or even talking about food. He's a "glass-half-full" kind of guy. . . and in his case it's half full of cold chocolate milk.

The other day we went to the Salado district track meet and from the complete opposite end of the field Cutter said he had to go poo poo. We made a dash for the restrooms. While in the bathroom, he proceeded to only tee tee. I said, "Cutter, I thought you had to go poo poo." He answered, "My brain's tellin' me tee tee."

One day Cayden said, "Is David (Kelley) a fire fighter?" I said, "Yes, he is." Cutter said, "No, he's a fire fighterman." Then Cayden said, "No, he's second in command." Cutter said again, "He's a firefighterman. (Long pause) I like Donna. (pause) I like Donna and David."

This child literally keeps us laughing on a daily basis and doesn't even know it. He is such a unique little boy that he delights us and at the same time scares us! I'm afraid public school won't know what hit it in 2010.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I agree that everyone needs a Cutter. Thank you for all the great pictures of your kids - I love watching them grow.

Scott & Erica said...

We don't typically comment on a comment but for those of you that don't know, Darla is the mother of the original Cutter that our Cutter is named after. She did a GREAT job raising a wonderful young man.