Sunday, June 26, 2005

It's Sunday

For some reason this morning, I am struck by the blessings of Sunday. I am thankful that my family will wake up, get dressed, and go to worship together. I am grateful that we will be surrounded by a body of believers who love us. I am grateful for the worship which will take place; and I am grateful to those who work hard during the week and behind the scenes so that I can be blessed today. I appreciate the effort in study and preparation by the preacher to bring us God's word. I love the fact my son will be in a Bible class he loves taught by teachers who love him.

I know there are several other "options" on how to spend a Sunday (sleeping in, at the lake, doing hard work, etc...). But I am grateful my family has a church home and a place in the body of Christ.

See you at worship
Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

I read your blog Sunday morning but didn't get a chance to respond before hurrying off to church. Since Sunday I've had several oppurtunities to see how others worship. The brick and morter may vary from one place to another, I just hope the love Cayden feels is consistant.

Lane