. . . and I like this picture! What a ham.I looked for a picture of Cayden and Stetson, our black lab, from when Cayden was really little but didn't have any luck. Cayden is sitting on his back and Stetson doesn't care at all. This past Monday I made the decision to have Stetson put to sleep. It was a tough decision because I've had him for almost 14 1/2 years. (Labs have a life expectancy of 12-15 years so in lab years he was an old man!) Stetson was a great dog! He was really good with the kids even though he got kicked outside and seriously neglected after they all arrived. His buddy Brenham, our crazy Weimeraner, is now being spoiled rotten so he doesn't get too lonely. The kids think it is great having him inside. He sleeps in Cayden's room which helps with Cayden having to sleep in a room by himself.
The Leavelle's offered their land as a cemetery and Scott dug a big ol' hole. We had a burial on Tuesday night and then fed cows and rode around on Lurry's Dune Buggy. It was nice to take Cayden's mind off of what we had just done. (The reality hit him hard Tuesday afternoon.) As for the twins, they are pretty confused but Cooper did say to me the other day, "Stetson in heaven with Jesus."
3 comments:
I know that must have been so hard! We'll miss seeing the big 'ol guy, too!
Stetson is on the other side of the rainbow bridge hangin' out with Tucker and havin' a good 'ole time!!!
Well, you know we have been there and done that. I know it is hard on you and it must be so hard for kids to understand. Yea for the Leavelle farm in more ways than one.
Blessings to all of you. Marie
Post a Comment