Monday, April 04, 2005

Getting Fat

Scott asked me to write a quick update on the kids. Their goal in life right now is to eat and get fat! (don't you wish you had such high goals?) Dr. Cipriani said they may be ready to go home within a week.
Cooper- She is much more content now that she has started eating. Since Thursday she has increased her feedings from about 7 ml to 22 or so. By the end of the day today she should be around 25 ml because she increases 1 ml every 2 feedings. She is eating well and yesterday weighed in at a hefty 4 lb 11 oz. She is sleeping a lot now which is nice because her tummy is full. Cooper is still in NICU but should get her IV taken out Tuesday. Hopefully they will move her to Special care with Cutter soon. (sure would make it easier on Mom and Dad.) Still no news on her test but we will fill you in when we know something.
Cutter- He is still quite lazy but is more awake during his feedings and is only eating from a bottle now. He is on a type of eating plan that allows him to eat anywhere from 43 ml to about 55 ml- depending on how hungry he is. He's been eating 45 ml -50 ml pretty regularly and weighed in at 4 lb 4.9 oz yesterday.

I got a chance to visit with briefly with Jailen's dad yesterday and Jailen looked good. They were feeding him and I got to see him open his eyes.
erica

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Father Thank you so much for the little lives you put in our care and keeping. Thank you especially for Baby Jailen. Father, I ask a special blessing on the Doctors and nurses that are taking care of him. Help them to know exactly what to do to help him grow into a normal little boy.
Father, I also, pray for his parents and his sister. Please send a special blessing of peace and patience to them in this uncertain time. Help us to be blessings to this family. It is in the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen
I know God has already blessed you with Scott and Erica. We will continue to pray for you, your baby and your little girl.

jch said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Scott. I've glanced through your blog. I'm so happy that Cooper and Cutter are doing better. We'll pray that they continue to grow and get fat. You know what Lyle Lovett says, right? "Fat babies have no pride." So may they get plump, very plump.

Katie said...

Hi Erica,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I don't have your email address, so I thought I'd just reply by commenting on yours!

I am coming to Temple for the first time in ages next weekend (15th-17th). I'm driving in that Friday afternoon and will leave after lunch on Sunday. I would love to come over and spend some time with y'all, if you are free. Plus I'd love the chance to get to see Cooper and Cutter before the rest of my family!

Your family is in my prayers, and it's also so exciting to see how the Lord has used your family in the life of Jailen & his parents. See you soon!

Love, Katie

Sarah said...

If they need any lessons on eating or getting fat, let me know. I'm available for tutoring! :-) Praying for all of you!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Scott & Erica-
They are beautiful and I'm thankful they are doing so well. You've all been in our prayers. I know Cayden will be so happy to have all of his family at home and we'll pray that's soon! We'll add Jalien to our prayer list at prayer group tomorrow night.