I am writing this post early Sunday morning while my family is still asleep in bed. In a short time everyone will be up and in the hurried routine of trying to make it to church on time. Being a minister (which I love my job) has certain pitfalls. One of them is how I view Sundays. It is not always easy to simply come to church to simply "be" in the presence of the community of faith and God. More times than not I am distracted by the details and demands of the role. I find myself more caught up in the "production value" of the worship, than the God of the worship. I begin to believe that if we work hard enough, plan well enough, and practice long enough we will somehow get worship "right" (whatever that means).
So, this morning my prayer is this: Father, give me the peace to remember that the church is your church not mine. Remind me the worship is about you not me. Keep me focused on the cross and not the critique. Grant me the peace to know that this whole enterprise is in your hands.
Amen!
Scott
Sunday, March 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment