Well, I am NOT a Blogger! In fact I usually find myself teasing Scott about it because he is soooo into it. But, at times like these the technology comes in handy!
I wanted to first say thank you to all of the people out there lifting our family up in prayer. (See Scott's previous post) Today I have a sense of calm and can feel the prayers being answered. It has been a long road and I know we have a long way to still go but I know we can make it (with God's help and your prayers.)
I stayed in the hospital today (I think it's Thursday) because my blood pressure was still sky high, not to mention size wise there are actually about 5 of me. Basically I was free to go but it gave us the chance to be close to the NICU. Tonight I was getting a roomie and she had a baby that was also taken to the NICU and I felt like we could get settled in at home and give her some privacy that I was so thankful for while in the hospital. It was strange to come home. I felt like I was going to someone else's house. It also felt strange to come home without Cooper and Cutter. We will be making frequent trips to S&W.
This experience is humbling me in many ways. I am not quite as open as Scott is but know that God is working on me. He is helping me appreciate little things more and know that I can not do it all myself.
Thanks again for your prayers and PLEASE keep them coming.
Erica
Thursday, March 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
I'm glad you are home. Rest well so you'll have plenty of energy when they do come home. Let people pamper you. You do make pretty babies Erica. (I would like a picture of you because this is the only time you have ever been bigger than me HEE HEE)-just kidding. Talk to you soon. We continue to pray for all of you. Love, Aunt Angelia
ps. I do like the name Cooper but she really does look more like an Angelia don't you think???
Erica, God IS working on you and has been for a long time! I have admired you since the first time I met you at the Becker's when you all were being interviewed by us or were you interviewing us? I know God put you in Temple for special purposes and one was to be near a good hospital and to have all these Christian drs and nurses.....awesome! Another was to be our neighbor and we could develop our special relationship and become prayer warriors for each other!
I want to talk to you, but I haven't called for fearing that would be just as you had fallen asleep for a long nap! So, you feel free to call me if and when you want to talk. I have no words of advice, but I have a good ear.
Take care of yourself. I know it's good for Cayden to have you home at least. I foresee a lot of snuggling on the couch!
Love you neighbor!
Now that's some good news! I suspect there is one happy litttle boy at your house tonight (a big boy too).
You looked great tonight Erica and it was a special treat to visit with you before you left. Recalling our experience nearly 20 years ago and feeling some of your pain was a good reminder of how powerful and mighty our God is. He will strengthen you in many ways through this experience.
You and your family are so very important to us and you have a special place in our hearts and lives. We want so much for you and your wonderful family to be home together. That time is coming soon!
God bless Erica, Scott, Cayden, Cutter and Cooper with peace, recovery, and abundant joy.
Love ya - Randy
Hey Scott, you've got a bunch of people up here in Indiana praying for you and Erica and the babies. Thanks for letting us know about things. I'll check back here for updates. Keep us posted. I love you, brother.
In His grip,
Chad
Scott and Erica (Cayden, Cutter, & Cooper)… guys, I offer prayers and praise for you all! Words fail me on how to express the joy I feel for your new addition to your family. Our God is a God of compassion and comfort; I pray that He wraps you all in both. Cutter and Cooper are beautiful; I will keep you all in my prayers!
Job well done Scott!!
In HIS loving arms,
Paul
Erica,
First of all, I wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you and Scott and Cayden, Cutter and Cooper. By the way...I LOVE the names. Amy and I decided that's what we liked one day, she called me the next day and said that's what you decided to name them. Too cute! Our church family at Chisholm Trail is praying for you all!
On another note...I don't know who this person is calling herself, Aunt Angelia because I thought I was Auntie Pipey! AND.....I was really pulling for her to be named after me! haha Just kidding, Aunt Angelia. You are a lucky girl to be the aunt of these beautiful children! Cooper will look beautiful in her onsie that says "If you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt!" I didn't realize that you actually had a sister and I would have some competition. :) I just got excited about the thought of a baby girl! My baby girl is now 15 and there are no others in the family. Don't get me wrong, Amy...I LOVE all my nephews! :0)
Well anyway..I just wanted you to know that you are in our daily thoughts and prayers. God will see you all through this!
In Him, Piper Wilson and family
Erica, the first step is to admit that you are a blogger, too.
In 1986, when you were in high school, Sandy and I had to leave the hospital empty handed. Cole was born with fluid in his lungs and had to stay in the hospital 5-6 days. As we drove home in my mother-in-laws car we listened to a Keith Lancaster song titled "He's Still Working on Me". You need to listen to the words, they are truly appropriate. We started crying so hard we had to pull over. We spent the next 5 days huggin Cory, age 2, and sitting on a stool beside Coles incubator. Praying was involed then for Cole as it is now for Cooper and Cutter. He turned out alright but God is still working on me!
Does posting this comment make me a blogger, too? RATS!
I stumbled upon this blog...We are in prayer for your family. Great to read about what is going on in your life....
Scott and Erica, Jenna and I will be praying for you all. How exciting to be parents again. Thanks for letting us know what is going on and we'll keep looking here to see how Cooper is doing. You are all in our prayers here in South Carolina.
Larry, Jenna, Corban, and Zane Polk
Scott and Erica, what a blessing! You are in for some exciting days ahead! You know the drill. Don't blink because they will be twenty and in college before you know it. Soak up these days...
Well Erica, I'm right there with you on this blog thing. I don't get it and I don't understand but it sure seems to work! I guess God knew what he was doing when he put computer geeks in our lives!!!
I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know how much you, Scott and Cayden mean to me. You have become such a special part of my parents lives as well as the Western Hills family. I know everyone has been waiting anxiously for the arrival of your two miracles and no one more than my dad (maybe not even you and Scott!). It is so fun to listen to him talk about Cooper and Cutter. How beautiful they are and how precious they are to him. I know mom and dad love Cayden so much and I have no doubt that Cooper and Cutter have joined him in their hearts.
It was such a joy to have you and your family with us at Christmas. I consider y'all such a special part of our family. Congratulations on such a magnificent acheivement. Please take comfort in the fact that Cooper, Cutter and Cayden are loved more than you will ever know!!
Well, thanks for giving my Dad some grandchildren to play with! Hopefully one day I can add to the list! See you soon and love and prayers for the entire family!!!!!
Tori
Scott & Erica, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I completely understand coming home to an empty house and feeling as if it belongs to someone else. We went through over 3 months of Ethan being in the S&W NICU and he had 2 surgeries, the first when he weighed only a little over 1 1/2 pounds. Please know that God indeed is working and is still in control. Cheryl Cipriani was our neonatologist, too, and she's the best doctor for your babies you could ever dream of having! They are in very good hands. Erica, I also understand the blood pressure still being high and feeling like there are "5 of you" right now. (I had to have an emergency c-section 3 months early because of eclampsia and HELLP syndrome) Just know that in time (and no, it won't be soon enough, LOL!)it will pass. Just rest as much as you can right now. God knows your hearts, and he knows what you need, so trust that He will take care of both your seen and unforseen needs. Please know that I am here if you need someone to commiserate with or need someone who has been where you are who can truly understand what you are going through. Your babies are absolutely beautiful! What a joy they are, and an incredible blessing. May God grant you peace despite the circumstances and an extra measure of energy. Just concentrate on one day at a time and enjoy every single moment with Cooper and Cutter!
Lots of love,
Syree
We have wanted to call and talk with y'all so much but have refrained because we know how busy and tired you are. Please know that we are thinking and praying for you constantly. When Brent was born, he spent a week in NICU and that was a difficult time not being able to have him with us. I remember being scared and angry and jealous of everyone who got to take their babies home on time. I remember sitting in the car and crying so hard and finally letting that anger and resentment and fear come out. God answered our prayers and Brent was fine. In just a few weeks, that will have been 10 years ago and today he is growing and growing and growing. We love you and know God is sustaining you through all of this. I'm so thankful you have so many people there in Temple who love and adore your whole family. Let them take good care of you. They are God's hands and His feet.
Love Ken, Paula and boys
I know Cayden was happy to have you home. It won't be long until you will be bringing Cutter and Cooper home too. God is so good and he gives us each other for strength and comfort in times that are difficult. We are praying constantly for Cooper and know that God is hearing us everytime.
Last night as Rex, Malissa, James and Barbara, Larry and Marie sat down in Fiddlers to have catfish for supper we all prayed for Cooper specially and then for Erica, Scott, Cayden and Cutter.
We will be here to celebrate with you when Cutter and Cooper come home.
Erica, God is working on all of us all the time. I hope He is not given up on me and will continue to help me be the person He wants me to be.
Love and Blessings, Marie
We love you guys so much and have been praying often. Continue to rest up (as best you can). Love the pictures of the kids -- what a blessing!
We at Chisholm Trail Church of Christ in Duncan are praying for your family. God is good and He will watch over you.
So glad to hear the news is better today. I literaly feel like I prayed all night for precious Cooper!!!! I have a bit of a cold and woke up regularly and a prayer was on my lips!!!! Rest up while the little ones are well taken care of at the hospital. Hug on that precious Cayden!!!! We love you and God is still working in all of us!!!! Our love is there and prayers continue, Malissa
Isn't it great to be in your own home again? Everything smells and sounds right.
I'm sorry you had to leave your babies at the hospital. Kind of a strange ride home, I imagine.
We love you guys and will delight in praying for you 5. I love the names!
May God give you all of the care, peace, and hope you need.
Joni Thomas
Meyer Family,
Just wanted to pass on a note of encouragement to your entire family as you go through this grueling process. Just know that I will be praying for your family and members at Chisholm Trail Church of Christ will be praying as well.
In Christian Love,
Craig Davis and family
I rejoice with you today. So glad to hear the good update on Cooper. God is faithful and will continue to care for your family. Praise Him!
It's an honor to continue to pray for your babies. Take care of their mommy.
With love,
Julie
Post a Comment