Thank you to all who have been praying for our precious daughter Cooper. (Scroll down to see her picture if you have not seen it yet.) Today we received encouraging news. The inflammation in her bowels & tummy is going away and the latest x-rays look great. Dr. Cipriani tells us that very rarely will someone's bowel perforate after this point. God carried us through another hurdle.
But we are not out of the woods yet...Cheryl (Dr. Cipriani) told us that one of the symptoms that Cooper has is a possible indicator of Cystic Fibrosis. Of course that news hit us hard. Cheryl said that it is only a 10% possibility but she wants to screen for it. On Monday she will draw the lab work but we will not know anything until Friday. (Why does it seem the scarier the disease the longer you have to wait for the results?) I know I have exceeded my amount of prayer attention, but if you would keep praying for Cooper I would be grateful. We are optimistic and will remain so.
Thank-you for all of the prayers and encouraging comments. They are truly cups of cold water to us weary travelers. Thank-you.
Love Ya Much,
Scott
PS - I don't want to forget Cutter in this process. He continues to do well and for that we are extremely grateful.
Friday, March 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
hang in there you guys!! we love you and are praying for your sweet precious family.
the mclendon's
Scott & Erica, you and your precious family are in our prayers. May Our Father wrap His loving arms around you and you feel the love and peace He gives. david and patti peacock (Chisholm Trail church of Christ, Duncan)
Erica--
Thanks for the email. I am happy for you and your new family. I will definitely be praying for all of you and will pass it on to others as well. I know you are really busy right now, but keep me posted.
Dear Scott and Erica, Has God been working over time or what?!? First Mark, then Byron's dad and now Cooper! Oh how I love the avenue of prayer and having faithful people lifting us up in prayer!
I am a humble blogger. But, if this method allows us to get the word out for others to be praying and then updating them about God's answers, then I'll say "hallelujah!" to blog land!
Between the four Riggs', I believe we were praying without ceasing yesterday! How relieved and thankful we were to hear the news of Cooper's progress this afternoon when our "carrier pigeon" called us with the recent information! Now, we'll pray hard again about the newest test and the results. And, I will pray for you to be at peace between Monday and when the test results come in.
In the meantime, sleep, recover, bask in the goodness of your friends and church family and in the goodness and complete faithfulness of God our Father!
"In Christ Alone"......In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song. This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm thru the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love; what depths of peace; when fears are stilled, when strivings cease. My comforter, my all in all, here in the love of Christ I stand!
Hey Scott, there's no such thing as exceeding your amount of prayer attention. Remember that the Father loves you and Erica and each of your children just like He loves His own Son. Man, hang in there. You've got tons of people praying for you, brother.
Dear Scott and Erica,
I know anxieties are inevitable when we face such huge questions. You guys are well equipped to take this on, but as parents of little miracles, it is so normal to be dealing with fear. So just know that when you are weak, your brothers & sisters will be lifting you up. We will be praying for you. Alissa and Paul Rambeau
I love reading what everyone on here has posted to you all. I have never heard of this "blog" thing but it's obviously a great thing. Look at everyone coming together and praying for your precious angel. Brings tears to my eyes to realize just how truly amazing God is! May he continue to be with your family. I sent out an email to our entire church yesterday and I have to say that I feel so lucky to be a part of Chisholm Trail. I am very proud of the people who have sent you words of encouragement. Our God is an AWESOME God! Hang in there! Prayers continue for the entire Meyer family. Piper Wilson and Family
What a beautiful family! I pray that all the tests will be normal and your kids will be healthy and strong and grow to be faithful as you are. I also pray for your strength and courage as you raise them. Cindy Norman (CT C of C, Duncan)
hey, so glad to here that yall had the babys, sorry to here about the complications you are having with them.you will definately be in my prayers. god bless yall.
sam james
Scott and Erica, I can only tell you how excited we were when Dianne called yesterday. Larry and I were working in the yard when he heard the phone and went to answer. He came out of the house yelling, "Cooper is a pooper". When the Elders and wives met at the Haney's house for hamburgers last night. We had a special prayer led by James for Cooper and all of you. So glad that Cayden is with Reta. I know he has been wanting to go and being down there with her kind of takes his mind off the babies that he can't see.
I am thankful Cheryl is checking this out but I feel certain that with 10% chance and all the prayers they are going to find nothing. Please know that we are praying for all of you. Love and Blessings, Larry and Marie
Post a Comment