Thursday, March 24, 2005

We Have Names & Need Prayers

Here are pictures (scroll down) of my amazing kids Cutter Jon & Cooper Joy. I can not even begin to describe the wave of emotions that has washed over me the past couple of days. It is unbelievable to me to see these TWO precious babies that God has trusted to us. We are so grateful.

However we are not out of the woods yet. Our daughter, Cooper Joy, needs some immediate prayers. She is showing the signs of developing a condition known as Necrotizing Entrocolitis. Simply put, this is some kind of infection in the bowel that can cause some bad stuff. The specific prayer request is for the next 24 hours. We will be watching her very closely because Dr. Cipriani is most concerned about perforation of the bowels. If that happens everything because critical fast and we would be looking at a real possibility of surgery.

So PLEASE PRAY that Cooper not develop any perforation in her bowels. If we make it through the next 24 hours perforation free things will be looking good. Thank you for your prayers. I know God loves Cooper more than we can even imagine.

Also allow me to selfishly ask for prayers for Erica and my other son Cayden. Erica is one wiped out mom (emotionally and physically). Cayden does not understand why he can not see the new babies. So pray a prayer of peace over them.

God Bless
Scott - a grateful dad and husband

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Dear Scott and Erica and Cayden, Our hearts are so full right now and wish we were closer in distance so we could help with Cayden and love on you two. But, I do know that you are surrounded by family and friends, so we will do our part from Abilene and pray, pray, pray! The pictures are precious! Cooper looks sooo much like Cayden did! (as I can remember, that is) We are coming next weekend, but sooner if you need us. All our love and blessings and prayers. ~Debbie and Mark

Anonymous said...

Definitely keeping all the Meyers in our thoughts and prayers - Todd & Julie

Anonymous said...

Those are the best looking CJ's since the last one you produced. Cute babies - well done!!

The prayers warriors are in action for your family!
Love ya - Randy

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I'm so excited I get to share a B-Day with your 2 adorable new babies, Cutter and Cooper. Me and my mom stopped by to see Erica today and she looked great, even though she insisted on saying otherwise, we had a great time chatting with her. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

love,
Allie Becker :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have! We are praying for Cooper, Erica, Cayden and for you, too, Scott. Cheryl Cipriani is a great doctor. I have known her in-laws all of my life. I am glad she is taking care of Cooper. May God continue to shower His blessings onto you.
Love,
Joe and Denecia

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful kids. Thanks for sharing with us. Of course you and Erica are so much in our prayers, as are both the newborns. As we pray through these next hours with special concerns for Cooper, I just think of what has been for you guys, but what a start for this already so special young lady, being lifted up by loving folks.
What blessings to us all all ready
Love you guys
Larry

Anonymous said...

I will pray for baby Cooper that she gets better and for baby Cutter. I will pray for my best friend Cayden too!

Anonymous said...

they are cute. i like them. i pray for baby cooper. i hope she gets well and strong. i hope baby cutter gets big and strong.
love, dalton

Anonymous said...

Dear Little Myers family,

You have names and we have prayers
for all of you. I had just become a member at WH's when Cayden was born - now I'm here to see Cutter and Cooper (love those names). As you have stated, "God is a Good and loving God." I pray that He has plans for all of you right here on His good earth for a long, long time. Hang in there little Erica -let Scott take care of you and Cayden - you will catch up with him when you bring the babies home! Love you all. Donella Wood

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful babies brought tears to my eyes when I saw them. Just want you to know I spent a long while tonight as I drove to a meeting and home talking to God about sweet little Cooper. You are so right when you say God loves that child more than we can even imagine. Cutter is absolutely adorable, too! I know this time is so overwhelming to you all, but know that you have so many people who are lifting you all up to the Father. You are loved!
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

We love our new neice and nephew. They are so perfect. We will keep praying for Cooper to be diagnosed properly and get well fast. I will also pray for them to be able to go home in a timely manner (I'm an anxious aunt who wants to hold them). Love you. David, Angelia and Courtney

Anonymous said...

Scott,Erica & Cayden
the babies are so cute. What darling names . I put Cooper on the prayer chain here in Duncan. We are so proud for yall .Amy keeps us posted on the updates. We are so thankful things are going better for yall. We will continue to keep all in our prayers. Love to all of you Papa ( Tex ) & meme ( Jacque )